FC Seoul
Seoul tied 2-2 with Sangju on Round 31
By gsadmin Date 2018/10/15 Views 1135
On September 30, FC Seoul tied their Round 31 match against Sangju Sangmu F.C. by 2-2, conceding an equalizer in the last minute of the game that offset their hard-earned early opener and second goal. 

Anderson, who missed the Incheon game, came back to the line-up, with Yoo Sang-hoon making his first appearance as starter after finishing his military service. Seoul employed a 4-4-2 formation, with Yoo Sang-hoon guarding the goal, and Kim Han-gil, Kim Nam-choon, Kim Dong-woo, and Shin Kwang-hoon forming a four-back defense. Go Yo-han, Sin Jin-ho, Ha Dae-sung, and Lee Sang-ho formed the midfield, with Anderson and Park Hee-sung gearing up for attacks. 

Early in the game, Seoul gradually built up their ball possession against the visitors. The hosts rattled the defense left and right, and in the seventh minute, Park Hee-sung collected a corner, which deflected off his head to find a way into the goal. With the header rendering the goalkeeper completely immobile, Seoul led the early minutes of the game.Even after the opener, Seoul continued to dominate ball possession, with the players inducing fouls with impressive workrates. In the 24th minute, Park Hee-sung collected a lobbing pass cutting into the back space and passed it towards Anderson with a header, presenting a promising chance for the Brazilian. Anderson peeled off a defender with calm execution and tried to open the net with his right foot, but it was blocked by the goalkeeper. In the 38th minute, the opponents made a threatening effort with a strong drive from a good distance hitting off the right side of the crossbar, but the second ball was called offside. During the last minutes of the first half, Seoul struggled against growing aggression from Sangju, but staved it off with stable defense, and the visitors were able to wrap up the first half with a one-point lead, which was also Park Hee-sung’s first goal for the season. 

Upon the start of the latter half, Seoul allowed a free kick, which hit the goalie’s hand and found the net. In the fourth minute, Seoul made multiple attempts to find the net from inside the penalty box, but they were blocked by the defense. In a bid to take back the initiative of offense, Seoul brought in Cho Young-wook in place of Lee Sang-ho. In the 20th minute, Seoul expressed a strong will for a win, substituting Matic for Park Hee-sung, the hero of the opener. Upon the substitution, Matic breezed into collecting a cross and unleashing a header, but it did not reach the intended target. In the 30th minute, Ha Dae-sung fired a left-footed shot from the left side, but the ball flew slightly over the target. Seoul used their last substitution card on Yoon Ju-tae, who recently returned from his military duties, in a bid to make a final all-in effort. With the substitution of Yoon Ju-tae and Matic injecting vitality into the team, Seoul found another goal in the 36th minute when Kim Dong-woo unleashed a powerful header from a corner kick. In the 39th minute, however, the hosts allowed another equalizer from Sangju. The opponents made threatening efforts in the last minutes, but GK Yoo Sang-hoon saved his team with stable hands. Right before the end of the game, Sangju fired a shot that hit the post, but the final scoreboard stood at 2-2 to the Seoulites’ relief. 

Having finished theirfinal home match before Split Rounds, Seoul must win the remaining two away matches. The next game for Seoul will take place on October 6 against Jeonna, which will be a defining match for their advancement into the Upper Split. 

이전글 Seoul tied 1-1 with Incheon at home on Round 30 2018-09-28 1009
다음글 Seoul defeated 0-1 against Jeonnam Dragons on Round 32 2018-10-15 980