FC Seoul
Seoul tied 1-1 with Gangwon at home
By gsadmin Date 2018/10/30 Views 796
On Round 34 of the 2018 K League 1 on October 27, FC Seoul drew 1-1 at home with Gangwon F.C. 

Seoul adopted a 3-5-2 formation. GK Yang Han-been formed the defense along with Kim Won-gun, Kim Nam-choon, and Kim Dong-woo. Hwang Ki-wook stood in the center of the midfield, with Ha Dae-sung and Sin Jin-ho backing him up in a triangle position. Yun Suk-young and Yoon Jong-gyu showed up as wing back on the left and right side, and Park Hee-sung and Yoon Joo-tae spearheaded the effort to find the net.   

The hosts pushed the opponents hard from the early minutes of the game. With Yoon Joo-tae’s shot heralding the start of the match in the third minute, Seoul dominated the pitch, pressuring the front and subsequently leading the game. Park Hee-sung and Yoon Joo-tae stirred the defense with remarkable agility, and pinpoint passes were made in themiddle, translating into several threatening attempts at the goal. Defense was orderly, keeping the right distance and fending off the attacks from the opponents with stability. Despite the proactive passes in the middle, however, a critical chance proved to be elusive, with the scoreboard reading 0-0 throughout the first half. 

In the 27th minute, Yun Suk-young whipped in a quick cross towards Park Hee-sung, who created a good chance to find the net, but his effort was readily blocked by the goalie. Shortly, Yoon Joo-tae unleashed a precision shot, which flew off the target by a marginal distance. All in all, the game belonged to FC Seoul. The hosts harnessed various tactics – short passes and crosses from each side, all of which fell short of translating into an opener, putting a scoreless end to the first bit of regulation time. 

Second half was intense from the beginning. Seoul played more proactively, building up on their performance from the first half. In the 11th minute, Seoul beefed up the offense by bringing in Park Chu-young to the pitch. In the 19th minute, Seoul seemed to concede an opener first, but Yang Han-been saved his team with a superb defense. With neither team backing out, the game remained fierce halfway into the latter half. 

In the 33rd minute, Park Chu-young unleashed a powerful shot from outside the box, but it was blocked by the goalkeeper. It was in the 38th minute that Seoul netted an opener eventually where Park Chu-young exploited a defender’s mistake with calm execution. However, the visitors managed to equalize the game shortly, turning the game back to square one. In the 45th minute, Yun Suk-young’s cross met Park Chu-young’s header, but it bounced off the goalposts. 

Shortly, the final whistle was blown, indicating a tied game at 1-1. The next game for Seoul, Round 35, will take place in Daegu on November 4.  

이전글 Seoul suffer a 0-1 loss to Jeju on Round 33 2018-10-26 809
다음글 Seoul tied with Daegu 1-1 despite overwhelming performance 2018-11-07 754